Sunday, January 08, 2012

What am I gonna do in 2012?

I didn't post anything about the best books or films of 2011, since I didn't read enough new books or see enough new films (not to mention anything about the best albums). Instead I'm going to do a post about my 2012 and my projects. So, here goes, are you buckled up:

- the book that ties together Finnish politician Paavo Väyrynen and Cthulhu, On Suurten Muinaisten aika/The Time of the Great Old Ones will be published tomorrow, on Monday, ninth of January (see photo)
- the anthology of old Finnish horror stories, called Hallusinatsioneja/Hallucinations I compiled will be out in some time (I don't know when)
- my Actual First Novel Jumalten tuho/The Twilight of the Gods will be out before March ("actual" meaning that it's the first published by someone else than me, since I've already published three novels [they are very short, so someone might say they are not novels per se])
- the architectural guide to Turku (the city where I live) will be published sometime during this Spring (at least I hope so, it's been a hell of a project, almost too daunting, though my part on the job is done)
- I just received a 3,000 euro grant for a book on the history of the animated cinema, so I'll start working on it this Spring
- I'll translate H. P. Lovecraft's essay The Supernatural Horror in Literature in Finnish for the Savukeidas publishers, and it will be the first time this essay will be available in Finnish
- I'm going to write two short novels, one being the third part in my sleaze quartet and one being a short alternate-history novel set in the Hollywood in the early fourties; I'll self-publish both
- I've been going through a sword-and-sorcery novel I've published in five parts in one of my own magazines and self-publish it as a paperback
- I'm editing two small collections of old hate speech for Savukeidas: both from Left and Right, mostly from the early decades of the 20th century, mainly stuff that relates to the Finnish Civil War and the right-wing movement of the 1920's and 1930's (we had plenty of that in Finland)
- I'm editing some other anthologies for Turbator: one being about the famous Finnish soldier, officer, spy, explorer, photographer and finally the President of Finland, Carl Gustaf Mannerheim (this is still a bit of a secret, so I won't let you know more about it), and one being about old Christmas stories (there have been talks about other anthologies, but as you can see, I can't easily fit them in)

Okay, is that all? I'm thinking I keep forgetting something. I don't actually know how I'm going to do all that. Now you can see why I ceased the publications of my crime fiction zines? Oh, that was it: I've got still one issue of Seikkailukertomuksia/Adventure Stories coming out, and I've got stories and spectacular illustrations for an old-time aviation magazine!

But now I'm gonna start doing something else than making books: I'll start reading one!

No comments: