Saturday, July 25, 2009

My text on I.G. Edmonds

I posted the entry for I.G. Edmonds from Pulpografia on one of my other blogs here. It's in Finnish, but if you're interested there are some links to English-speaking posts. Complicated, huh? This is a global world we live in.

Edit: I googled a bit and noticed this small thread on Edmonds on a newslist. It provides a pretty thorough bibliography for Edmonds - that has also a novel in German called Moerder sind meine Beute (published by Verlag Friedrich W. Loh in 1969), which sounds like it might be one of the Big Eye novels. There's also a mention of Djevelsk oppdrag, published by Magasinet für Alle, in 1966, which must be the war paperback that was also published in Finnish, The Devil Cheaters. It came out in Finnish in 1967, so the German publication must've been the first one. That explains at least something: you don't really expect Finland to be the first choice of an agent to sell a manuscript, as Germany is a vaster market area.

2 comments:

PS said...

Djevelsk oppdrag sounded a bit Danish or Norwegian to me (certainly never German), like the mag. So I did some quick web sleuthing and found a Magasinet for Alle in the Norwegian Wikipedia, published between the years 1927 and 1970. Could that be the right mag? Would even make sense in the context, Norway being right next door.

Juri said...

Yeah, of course you're right. I don't know what I was thinking. Surely it was Norwegian.

And thanks for your sleuthing. I wonder, I wonder... this might call for an extra post of its own.