Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hectic, stressful, take your pick

Sorry, haven't really been able to post anything here - I've been busy, which is always a perfect excuse, but I'm also having other stressful things in my life. Today my daughter Ottilia is moving away from Finland with her mother - they are going to Luxemburg! Ottilia's mother got a two-year teaching gig there.

Ottilia has visited us almost weekly for the past seven years and now we'll see each other again only in the end of October! No wonder this morning looks so gloom. Ottilia came to us yesterday for a few hours in the afternoon and I feel like I should've said something important to her or at least spent more time with her. I know that whatever I would've done, I'd still feel the same, so there's nothing doing.

It's a good thing we have Kauto here, he keeps us away from too much grief and sorrow.

7 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

So sorry, Juri. It must be very hard. At least Luxembourg is a beautiful place to visit.

Juri said...

Thanks, Patti.

Jess Nevins said...

So sorry, Juri.

James Reasoner said...

Juri,

You have my sympathy. I know this must be a difficult situation.

Juri said...

Thanks, guys. Good to hear from you.

pHinn said...

I can only compare your sorrow of my losing both my grandfather and father last year, so if it's of any consolation, at least your loss is not permanent here and one day you'll meet again, and even if not physically close now, I'm sure both of you will keep in touch and talking all the time, anyway. Chin up, Yuri mon :)

Juri said...

Thanks, pHinn, my mon!