Monday, May 19, 2008

Zekial Marko AKA John Trinian dead

I just got an e-mail from a relative of crime writer Zekial Marko (also known as John Trinian) announcing he died on the 9th of May. It was also revealed that his birth name was Marvin Leroy Schmoker, which I don't think was public information before.

I also don't recall seeing any notice about his death before, but here's a short obit, which doesn't say much about his novels. (He wrote some half dozen crime paperbacks, one of which (Once a Thief) was translated in Finnish as Rotta ulos kolostaan in the Ilves paperback series. It's an excellent story about a criminal who gets out of the jail.)

1 comment:

Anders E said...

THE BIG GRAB, which he wrote as Trinian, is an excellent caper novel. There was a French adaption of it in 1963, MÉLODIE EN SOUS-SOL, starring Jean Gabin and Alain Delon. I haven't seen it, but checking IMDb I now see it is available on DVD under the American title ANY NUMBER CAN WIN.